Source: Institute on Statelessness and Inclusion
4 Recommendations made on statelessness — by Sierra Leone, Namibia, Mexico
- 1 recommendation on acceding to the 1954 and 1961 Statelessness Conventions;
- 2 recommendations on eliminating gender discrimination in respect to the conferral of nationality; and
- 1 recommendation on promoting birth registration.
No recommendations on:
- Taking steps to ensure that all those previously denied Burundian citizenship due to gender discriminatory nationality laws are granted nationality and, in the interim, that they fully enjoy their other human rights on a non-discriminatory and equal basis; and
- Strengthening statistical data on statelessness in the country, undertaking a mapping study on statelessness and making the outcomes publicly available.
Summary of recommendations at: http://www.institutesi.org/UPR29_stateless.pdf