What can be done about lost South African citizenship and children?

Published: 12/Sep/2017
Source: The South African

If you lost your SA citizenship status before your child was born, he/she will be able to apply for a temporary visa if the child was born abroad / in SA and had not lived in SA as per below. This temporary visa will permit your child to reside with you in South Africa to take up schooling, etc. As the child’s father/mother merely holds SA permanent residence status, South African citizenship cannot be claimed.

Read more

Themes: Enregistrement des naissances, Pièces d'identité
Regions: Afrique du Sud, Afrique australe
Year: 2017