National Taskforce for the Identification and Registration of Eligible Stateless Persons in Kenya as Kenyan Citizens
Kenya Gazette Vol. CXXI — No. 110
IT IS notified for the general information of the public that the Cabinet Secretary for Interior and Co-ordination of National Government, in furtherance of the decision to map, identify and register eligible stateless persons in Kenya, has appointed the National Taskforce for the Identification and Registration of Eligible Stateless Persons in Kenya as Kenyan Citizens.
The Terms of Reference of the Committee shall be to—
- identify all persons who are claiming stateless person status in Kenya;
- develop vetting, verification and eligibility criteria for stateless persons to be used together with a comprehensive stateless persons database;
- develop modalities, timelines and cost estimates for the identification and registration of stateless persons in Kenya;
- develop a sensitization programme for Kenya host communities for the seamless integration of stateless persons;
- examine and recommend an appropriate legal and policy framework for the identification, registration and integration of stateless persons; and
- identify emerging international best practices in the management of stateless persons in the context of national security.